Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"Wimming" Lessons




Andrew started swimming lessons this week.  We go Monday-Thursday for 30 minutes each day.  Luckily, we were able to get in a late afternoon slot, so Pete is able to swim with him sometimes as well.  The class is 18 month olds up to 3 years old, so Andrew is the youngest in the class, but doing well so far.  

He loves the water, but seems to love people watching even more.  There is an older group at the other end of the pool and Andrew enjoys seeing what they are up to.  When he's not paying attention to his own class, he's checking out which of his parents is watching in the bleachers.

On Monday, he was in the pool with Pete and he wanted me to come in the water as well.  On Tuesday, I was in the water and he just wanted "Daddy, Daaaaddyyyy, Daaaahhh!".  Eventually, Pete ended up going into the hallway because Andrew was so distracted.  Today, I brought him by myself.  He practiced blowing bubbles (aka drinking the water), floating on his back and front, and kicking.  I'm not a strong swimmer myself, so I'm hoping to pick up some pointers along the way!  

Singing the motorboat song. 

Practicing floating (and checking to see who's watching).

No comments: