Friday, July 31, 2009

Catching Up

The last couple of weeks have been pretty busy for us! Last week we spent 3 nights at a cabin in Crosby with the Devereaux side. We had a great time. Relaxing, swimming, playing in the park, fishing, biking, and kayaking. Andrew had fun with his aunts, uncles, and Grandma and "Peepa". This vacation came at a great time because on Sunday things started to get a little bit more busy!

The week prior to going to Crosby, Pete was offered a job at netTrekker. After much thought, he accepted and his first day on the job was last Sunday. We left Crosby at about 7:30am on Sunday and made it home with just enough time to do laundry, have Pete repack and get his haircut, have lunch, and then we headed to the airport. He's been in London and will (finally!) return this coming Sunday.

With all of this running around, Pete and I decided that we should get a t-shirt out of it. So, he signed up for the Twin Cities marathon and I just found out that I made it into the TC 10 mile race. It was surprising that Pete signed up for the marathon since, after the last marathon he ran, I remember him saying that he was "never going to run again, unless someone is chasing me".

It's been helpful to have Andrew around though because at about 6:30am (after we've been up for awhile!), I ask Andrew if he wants to go running. He gets pretty excited about being in the jogging stroller and going fast, so once he thinks we're going "wunning" I pretty much have to or I'll never hear the end of it!

So, when we aren't actually running, or running to the airport, Andrew and I have spent lots of time playing outside. We've gotten lots of use out of our family pass to the swimming ponds and have still been making weekly trips to the library. Tomorrow we're on our own for one more day, so I'm planning on loading up Andrew in the trailer and biking to Hanover for their Harvest Festival. Looking forward to the craft fair and farmer's market!

Below is a video of Andrew talking to Pete over Skype!

1 comment:

Kirsty Wertz said...

oh my gosh--this is a fabulous video.