Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The tree is up

Yes, we realize that it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but we decided to get all of the holiday decorations up early this year. Pete will be going on a 10-day stint to Dubai shortly, so we wanted to enjoy them a bit earlier. It only took us about an hour last night, thanks to Andrew and his ability to order us around.


"Mom, I do it, no my turn, right now."

"No, Daddy, no, my turn."

"Doin' Daddy? Doin'? My turn."

"Open on it. My turn. Open on it. Right now."

After the boys got the tree up, I had visions of us all happily placing the trimmings on the tree.

It didn't take long for that vision to come to a screeching halt.

Apparently I didn't want my almost 2-year-old touching the glittery, breakable ornaments.

And my other helper was busy playing with the camera.

Before long, this was the scene.

Poor kid. I made it up to him by bringing him with to Hardware Hank for paint samples tonight. He wore his turkey hat, sunglasses upside down, and carried a button the whole time.

No comments: